As part of this workshop, I have touched a bit on Hadoop, MapReduce and Hive. But as the title says, the focus was on Apache Pig. I also demoed few usecases of execution of Java MapReduce, Hive and Pig. And also a brief overview and demo of Twitter’s Ambrose UI for visualizing Pig MapReduce jobs.
This presentation gives a basic understanding of:
- Big Data
- Basics of Hadoop and MapReduce
- Landscape of Hadoop ecosystem
- Introduction to Apache Pig
- Basics of Pig and Pig Latin
- Pig vs. Hadoop MR
- Pig vs. SQL and Pig vs. Hive
- Twitter Ambrose for visualizing Pig MR Jobs
Here are the slides of my presentation.